Thank you for your interest in the TIS .
Finally your venue can look as good as it sounds with the TIS StreamSync, a stand alone device that synchronises your compatible TIS products with the music stream playing on your parcel.
Compatible products will flash, beat, and move in time automatically with the song playing on your parcel, creating a totally immersive and realistic venue atmosphere.
- Automatically reads song information, beats per minute, time signature and valence (liveliness) from your parcels music URL
- Allows lookup of song information via text input, chat, or viewer 'now-playing' information (compatible viewer such as Firestorm or LL standard viewer required)
- Tap-pad provided so you can tap in time with the music to set the tempo/time of your products
- Controls the speed of compatible TIS Products so they synchronise with the beat of your currently playing song
- 100% highly detailed mesh design, with working buttons for input,time_signature, and BPM multiplication control.
- TIS iControl Professional compatible.
- The automatic lookup of song BPM information from title-artist data is provided under license from Spotify, provision of which is beyond TIS's control. TIS have included the scripting to retrieve the BPM information from Spotify Free Of Charge with the StreamSync and therefore no refunds will be payable should the Spotify service be either fully or partly unavailable for any reason, including discontinuation.
- The StreamSync will read now playing information from your Shoutcast or Icecast music streams in their standard format (Title - Artist, or Artist -Title). It will be unable use this now playing information to discover song information (tempo etc.) if (unusually) your stream provides the now playing information in a non-standard format. For example, inclusion of album title or today's date will prevent the song from being looked up. It will also be unable to look up song information in the case of spelling mistakes or non-standard characters in the now playing information. StreamSync uses Spotify to provide song information as is restricted to the song database Spotify maintains. Whilst unlikely, some niche song information may not be available.
- TIS Aurora Rig
- TIS Hexascan
- TIS Stage Speakers
- TIS Chaser Lights
- TIS Light Ball
- TIS Spotlight Bar
- TIS Follow Spotlight
- TIS Stage Light
- TIS Fluorescent Light
- TIS Wash Light
- TIS DiscoBall
- TIS SearchLight
- TIS Strobe Light
- TIS Emergency Beacon
- TIS Effects Tube
- TIS Looped Light
- TIS Smoke Machine
- TIS Snow Machine
- TIS Bubble Machine
- TIS Stage Flames
- TIS Cold Spark Machine
- TIS Flash Pot
Compatible products coming soon
- TIS Aurora Stage
- TIS DJ Set (various components)
Current version of the is v.
Release date of the current version is . To check what version you are running please see the Version section. Please also see the Troubleshooting tab if you are having any other issues to see if your query is answered there before contacting support.
Your comes in a product box. Drag this box to the ground where it will automatically unpack and give you a folder containing your product. Accept this folder and it will appear in the top level of your inventory. You can now delete the product box (a copy is still in your inventory).
In your inventory, locate the folder called
In this folder you will find the following items:
- This is the unit waiting to do its job with your compatible TIS products!
- TIS Music URL Server
- This product reads the parcel media and sends information about the current playing song to the StreamSync. More information about the Music URL Server can be found in the section Music URL Server.
- TIS iControl Professional
- The TIS iControl Professional is the controller for this product. You will be able to use this controller to change various functions for the product. For more information about basic functionality of the iControl Professional, please see here.
There are two aspects to this product, first is the which controls the beats per minute for songs that are being played on your parcel media stream.
The second aspect is the Music URL Server, which when deeded to the land owning group, automatically reads the parcel media URL and sends the information to the .
First locate the
in your folder and drag it out to the ground in world.
The requires to be rezzed under the land owning group tag in order that it can connect to any other products that are compatible. Do not Deed it to the group as it will not function correctly.
When first rezzed out the will state in chat the following:
Broadcasting to 20 channels
Announcing tracks to owner
Group Control is Off
0 other permitted users
The can function without the iControl Professional, but if you require to control the when not in the vicinity of the then we suggest attaching an iControl Professional. More information using the iControl Professional to control the , please see the Using the iControl section.
If you are able to use the Music URL Server on your parcel, please read in addition to this section the Music URL Server section.
In the contents of the that you place out on your sim or parcel you will find a notecard called !!! Settings !!!. This notecard will need to be adjusted before other people can control any products using that specific iControl Professional. By default the iControl Professional is set for use by owner only so therefore you must adjust the !!! Access !!! notecard BEFORE anyone else can use the controller or obtain a HUD for the controller.
- Direct Music URL:
- This setting allows you to put the music URL below for the to access directly (note doing this will eliminate the need for a TIS Music URL Server, however changes to the Parcel URL will not automatically change the URL).
- This setting lists the channel numbers that are allowed to be controlled via this
. For example you wish for channel 5 to not be controlled by this
, you would just remove 5 from this list so it would read as this:
Channels: 0,1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19Note: Channel 5 is missing.
- Listen Channel:
- This setting is the channel the will listen on when 'Listen' mode is selected. Please see the Listen Channel section for more details on why you would use this.
- Announce Tracks:
- This setting is the ability to announce the track details. If it is set to OWNER this will only show the details to the owner, ALL to announce in local chat and NONE to disable.
- Allow Group Control:
- If this is set to TRUE, this allows anyone to control the if they have the same group tag active that the is set to.
- Spotify API - Client ID, Client Secret:
- If you have your own Spotify API Client ID and Secret you can enter your details in here.
- //List other allowed users below (one per line). Use the SL Legacy name, for example: Someone Resident
- You also have the ability to list people to give access to the . To do this just add their SL Legacy name below the line as per the example that is already added in the notecard i.e. Dancing Lemon.
If the !!! Settings !!! notecard is ever updated, on saving the notecard, the will state in chat any changes made. The default is:
Broadcasting to 20 channels
Announcing tracks to owner
Group Control is Off
0 other permitted users
There are 3 ways to use this function:
- Direct BPM in chat
To use this functionality, click the Listen button and then type directly in chat:
then hit return and this will send the BPM command of 120BPM to the .
- Direct Song in chat
You can also send the track details to the by typing in chat:
/<channel> Abba Dancing Queen
then hit return and this will send the track information to the look up the BPM for that song.
- Send Stream Title to Channel
- You can send the stream title i.e. song information to a specific channel as set in your preferences:
As you can see in the above picture, there is a preference called "Send stream title to channel", please tick the checkbox and enter the channel number in the box provided. This is a very efficient way to use your Firestorm clients ability to send stream information via the parcel media to your if you are in the same vicinity as the . You will need to be within 20m of the for this to work, this will NOT work if you have left the parcel or sim. In the above picture you can see that the default channel that is in your !!! Settings !!! notecard has been entered into the box. This will take effect as soon as you click OK on your preferences.
NOTE: Please not that this feature is not available in SL official viewer. This has been tested using Firestorm viewer only, so if you are using another 3rd party viewer this cannot be confirmed that this will work with your client.
The following functions can be found on the StreamSync which enable you to use the StreamSync to control the BPM of your compatible devices.
Self explanatory. On and Off functionality!
The Input Mode functions allow you to manually set how the StreamSync obtains the song information of your parcel media. These are as follows:
This button when pressed will drop down a text box on your client in which you can enter either the BPM or the track that is playing i.e. 120 or ABBA dancing Queen. When you have entered this information click the Submit button and the StreamSync will adjust to play that information.
This button when pressed will start listening on the specific channel number as set in your !!! Settings !!!! notecard contained in the contents of the StreamSync. You can enter either the BPM or the track that is playing i.e. 120 or ABBA dancing Queen. When you have entered this information in chat, press enter and the StreamSync will adjust to play that information.
Alternatively if using a compatible SL Client such as Firestorm, you can set in your preferences to listen on this channel number. Please see the Listen Channel section for more information.
This button when pressed will allow you to use the tap pad (which is the big pad in the middle of the StreamSync) to tap the beats that the current song is playing. When you have tapped out the beat the StreamSync will adjust to play that beat.
This button when pressed will start using the Music URL Server if you have one Deeded out on your parcel. Song information will be sent from the Music URL Server direct to the StreamSync.
Please note that if you select Auto then click another mode, you will be able to set the modes above for the current song. It will switch back to auto on the next song.
The BPM Multiplier function allows you to speed up the current BPM by 2 or slow it down by half. If you click a button that will switch on the multiplier, to turn off with set it back to default.
The Time Signature can be set for 2/4 beat, 3/4 beat or the standard of 4/4 beat.
Locate the "TIS Music URL Server" in your folder and drag it out to the ground in world.
The Music URL Server, to function correctly, requires to be DEEDED to the land owning group. To DEED to the land owning group, this video shows how to do this. In the video, the example shows the land owning group as There In Spirit Management. Obviously this will be the group your land is set to:
Please note, any object that is shared or deeded to group can be manipulated or possibly taken by group members with the "Manipulate (move, copy, modify) group-owned objects" ability. Typically, Owners and Officers of a group have this ability. There is no facility for un-deeding an object in SL. You will need to take the object back into your inventory and re rez it out again for you to own it again!
When first rezzed the Music URL Server will check the land settings to see whether it can read the parcel media correctly. If it has any issues with the land settings it will state in chat to you what the issue is and how to successfully resolve the issue. Here are the common messages received from the unit:
TIS Music URL Server: This parcel is group owned. Please deed this device to the group that owns the land in order for it access the parcel music URL.
If group settings do not permit this, please delete this TIS Music URL Server and manually enter the music URL into the !!! Settings !!! notecard inside each device that needs it.
As the message states, the land is grouped owned and all that is required is the Music URL Server to be DEEDED to that group. If you do not have access to do this then you will need to manually add the music URL into the !!! Settings !!! notecard contained inside any device that requires a URL to function i.e the StreamSync. Further information about this can be found in the Settings Notecard section.
TIS Music URL Server: Setup successful - this server is able to read and write the parcel music URL.
If the Music URL Server can read the parcel media successfully you should get this message. This now means your Music URL Server can read the parcel media and control the StreamSync machine which in turn will now control any compatible products.
TIS Music URL Server: This parcel is not owned by a group. There is no need to place a TIS Music URL Server here as TIS products can function without it.
If the land is not group owned any compatible products will use the owners rights and read the parcel media without the use of the Music URL Server. Just delete the Music URL Server.
TIS Music URL Server: This land is privately owned. Only the land owners products can access the land's music URL.
Please delete this TIS Music URL Server and manually enter the music URL into the !!! Settings !!! notecard inside each device that needs it.
If the land is privately owned and not set to a group, the music URL needs to be manually added to the !!! Settings !!! notecard contained inside any device that requires a URL to function i.e the StreamSync. Further information about this can be found in the Settings Notecard section.
Drag out the iControl Professional from your inventory to the ground in world or right click and select wear from your inventory to wear the controller as a HUD. If you require other people i.e. staff or managers to be able to control the product a controller must be out on the parcel that your product is located on. For more detailed instructions on how to use the iControl Professional, please see the TIS iControl Professional web page.
When first worn or dragged to the ground the iControl Professional will quickly establish connection to any devices available. The products communication channel is set to 0 by default. More information regarding communication channels and why you would ever want to use them can be found in the information page of the TIS iControl Professional. Information on how to change the channels can be found in the section Multiple Units using different settings.
Once the iControl Professional has established connection to the product you will see an icon appear representing the product at the bottom of the controller in the Product Selection panel.
Click the icon for TIS and you will be presented with this screen:
On pressing this button , the configuration drop down will appear which will give you the options for the product. If you have multiple 's out the configuration button will control all lights on that channel, not just the one it states on the drop down.
On pressing this button will allow the product to notify in chat confirmations of button presses. This is especially useful so the owner or admin can know what settings have been changed when they click any of the buttons. The default setting is off.
This restores the products sliders to their default state. It also acts as a reset, in which it will reset the values of the product to
factory state. This is very useful if you are dragging out multiple units as if you have changed any values, the newly dragged out unit will still only have the factory default settings. If you drag out two units pressing this Restore button will make sure that both units are displaying the same settings.
Pretty self explanatory. Switch the product on and off!
This section is for more advanced user settings. You can use the product directly out of the box using the iControl Professional, but if you wish to have multiple units out on your sim with different settings you need to change channel communications.
To have more than one unit out, all you need to do is drag another from your inventory to the ground in world. If you require both units to be controlled with the same settings etc., then you need not do anything further with either unit, just use channel 0, which is the default channel number, on your controller to start, stop and adjust the other settings as usual.
Once you have placed the number of units you wish to have out you will then need to
Restore the units, by going to the Configuration via the iControl Professional. This will reset the values to
factory state. This is very useful if you are dragging out multiple units as if you have changed the colour to multi colour the newly dragged out unit will still only have the factory default settings. If you drag out two units pressing this Restore button will make sure that both units are displaying the same settings.
If you have more than one unit rezzed on the same sim and set to the same channel, one will become the
master. This master will perform all the script work to calculate colours/effects and then send the result to the other unit's, enabling all of them to synchronize their displays. As a result the Settings for the master will be used for all unit's. The
master will be chosen at random so you should ensure that this notecard is duplicated in all your unit's set to the same channel in order to achieve a consistent effect.
If you wish to have multiple units customized in different ways on the same sim, this can be done easily by setting one of your units to have a different channel to your first unit. To do this you will need to set the channel number for each additional unit.
To do this simply amend the description field of one the units as follows:
- Right click and select edit on one of the units.
In the general tab of the edit dialogue box locate the description field this will already have text in there like this:
Channel : 0
Set the new channel by editing this text so for example
Channel : 3would set the channel to be 3.
- If you are using Firestorm viewer go to the Content tab of the edit dialogue box and click the "Reset Scripts" button. If you are using the Second Life Viewer, you will need to go to the client tool bar (at the top of your screen) and click Build --> Scripts and then select "Reset Scripts". Any other viewer, you may need to refer to the viewers knowledge-base.
- On clicking Reset Scripts a dialogue box may pop up if you have never done this before asking you whether you wish to modify scripts in selected object - Just click yes - if no box asking that pops up, then the Reset Progress box will only appear and start going through each script in the unit and set them to running as in this example:
- When the dialogue box states done, press close.
- The unit that you changed will run through its setup.
You can now go to your main Control Channel page and in the Channel Selection panel select the new channel you set to now control the unit on that channel.
Do the above for any units that you wish to have on any other channel. You have in total 20 channels that you can use if you so wish.
Access for this product is controlled via the iControl Professional only. For details on how to set access for this product please see the instructions for the TIS iControl Professional.
Current version of the is v. Release date of the current version is .
To check the version of this product you are running please follow these steps:
- Right click the product and choose edit.
- In the edit window, select the content tab.
- In the contents tab there is a script called
- Right click the script and select Properties
- The version number will be entered in the Description field.
If you are running an out of date product, please obtain a redelivery of the product package from our redelivery board in our store, Click here to go there!
Listed here are the most common FAQ's for this product. Before contacting support, make sure your query is not answered here.