Thank you for your interest in the TIS .
This script can be dropped into your own objects, and will light up specific prims/faces, enabling them to be controlled with the iControl, and optionally the TIS StreamSync. As such, the script has a wide variety of uses, from a single lamp, to providing accent lighting to your entire venue. When used in conjunction with the TIS Streamsync, lights can be made to beat, or change colour in time with the music stream playing on your parcel.
- Used in conjunction with the TIS StreamSync your objects can be synchronized with the music playing on your parcels media stream.
- The product effects can also be manually set using the included TIS iControl Professional.
- Scripting has been rigorously optimized to reduce sim overhead.
- Fully copyable - add script to any product!
- TIS iControl Professional included, quickly and remotely change the display for the lights, set the colour, range of the lights, brightness and set manual BPM for the product.
- Settings notecard to manually set specific colours to be used, prim faces to light up and prim link set to use.
- Allow selected others or your group to control the product.
Current version of the is v.
Release date of the current version is . To check what version you are running please see the Version section. Please also see the Troubleshooting tab if you are having any other issues to see if your query is answered there before contacting support.
Your script comes in a product box. Drag this box to the ground where it will automatically unpack and give you a folder containing your script. Accept this folder and it will appear in the top level of your inventory. You can now delete the product box (a copy is still in your inventory).
In your inventory, locate the folder called
In this folder you will find the following items:
- This is the script which needs to be added to your build
- !!! Settings !!!
- This is the Settings notecard to accompany the script in each unit.
- ~TIS Get Link/Face Number
- This is an additional script that can be used to obtain the Face and Link number of your build. Please see Face/Link Number section for more details on how to use.
- TIS Custom Light Demo 1-3
- These objects are demos for you to see how it all works!
In your inventory, locate the folder called
TIS iControl Professional
In this folder you will find the following items:
- TIS iControl Professional
- The TIS iControl Professional is the controller for this product. You will be able to use this controller to change various functions for the product. For more information about basic functionality of the iControl Professional, please see here.
First drag your build to the ground in world. In this example we are using a standard prim.
Right click your build and select edit from the menu.
Navigate to the Content tab of the edit dialog box.
Locate the folder called
in your inventory and drag both the !!! Settings !!! notecard and the ~TIS
script into your build.
Please see the Settings Notecard section for more information how to adjust the notecard for your build.
When using this script the builds functionality can only be controlled by the iControl Professional. Please see the Using the iControl section for full details on how to use your build with your iControl Professional.
If you have a linkset of more than one prim the Settings notecard and script are required to be placed in the root prim only.
For best results and to fully appreciate the , we recommend that you have the following client settings:
Set your World to Midnight!
To set your world to midnight to appreciate the lighting display, go to your client toolbar menu and select World > Sun Position > Midnight or click Ctrl + Shift + X
Obviously the will function perfectly well when it's daytime too, but when it's midnight.... Just WOW!
NOTE: As with any projector light, the properties of the surface the product shines on will affect the how the projection looks. In particular, projector lights will not be seen on full bright surfaces as they are already at their maximum brightness.
We also recommend for optimum viewing pleasure that you set your graphic preferences to the following settings if your computer graphics can handle it. To open your Preferences window please click Ctrl + P. Set your Performance up to High and tick the Advanced Lighting Model box, the Ambient Occlusion box, set shadows drop down to Sun/Moon + Projectors. Also set your draw distance to about 600 or higher. Please make sure that you set your Objects & Sculpts LOD to 4.0 and Max particle count to max (8192).
Drag out the iControl Professional from your inventory to the ground in world or right click and select wear from your inventory to wear the controller as a HUD. If you require other people i.e. staff or managers to be able to control the product a controller must be out on the parcel that your product is located on. For more detailed instructions on how to use the iControl Professional, please see the TIS iControl Professional web page.
When first worn or dragged to the ground the iControl Professional will quickly establish connection to any devices available. The products communication channel is set to 0 by default. More information regarding communication channels and why you would ever want to use them can be found in the information page of the TIS iControl Professional. Information on how to change the channels can be found in the section Multiple Units using different settings.
Once the iControl Professional has established connection to the product you will see an icon appear representing the product at the bottom of the controller in the Product Selection panel.
Click the icon for TIS and you will be presented with this screen:
On pressing this button , the configuration drop down will appear which will give you the options for the product. If you have multiple 's out the configuration button will control all lights on that channel, not just the one it states on the drop down.
This is the version of your current product. If you are running an out of date version, please obtain a redelivery from the ATM in our store.
On pressing this button will allow the product to notify in chat confirmations of button presses. This is especially useful so the owner or admin can know what settings have been changed when they click any of the buttons. The default setting is off.
This restores the products sliders to their default state. It also acts as a reset, in which it will reset the values of the product i.e. any transparencies or colorings to the object. This is very useful if you are dragging out multiple units as if you have changed any values, the newly dragged out unit will still only have the factory default settings. If you drag out two units pressing this Restore button will make sure that both units are displaying the settings that you have stipulated. If you have changed any settings in the Settings notecard you do not need to click the restore button. If you have changed any aspects of the object itself i.e. color, transparencies etc you will need to click the restore button to assign those settings to the memory.
Pretty self explanatory. Switch the product on and off!
These buttons represent the different light programs that you can use in your venue. Have a play with each programme to see which one suits your venue! The default setting is Static.
This slider allows you to manually adjust the Beats Per Minute for a specific song. The default setting is 120 BPM.
This slider allows you to adjust the range of the projected lights. The default setting is 10 meters.
This slider allows you to adjust the brightness of the projected lights. The default setting is full bright (top of slider).
These sliders allow you to manually adjust the colours of the lights. On pressing this button will randomise the colours as set in the Settings notecard inside the product.
The default slider setting is White
<1,1,1> (top of each sliders).
This section is for more advanced user settings. You can use the product directly out of the box using the iControl Professional, but if you wish to have multiple units out on your sim with different settings you need to change channel communications.
To have more than one unit out, all you need to do is drag another from your inventory to the ground in world. If you require both units to be controlled with the same settings etc., then you need not do anything further with either unit, just use channel 0, which is the default channel number, on your controller to start, stop and adjust the other settings as usual.
Once you have placed the number of units you wish to have out you will then need to
Restore the units, by going to the Configuration via the iControl Professional. This will reset the values to
factory state. This is very useful if you are dragging out multiple units as if you have changed the colour to multi colour the newly dragged out unit will still only have the factory default settings. If you drag out two units pressing this Restore button will make sure that both units are displaying the same settings.
If you have more than one unit rezzed on the same sim and set to the same channel, one will become the
master. This master will perform all the script work to calculate colours/effects and then send the result to the other unit's, enabling all of them to synchronize their displays. As a result the Settings for the master will be used for all unit's. The
master will be chosen at random so you should ensure that this notecard is duplicated in all your unit's set to the same channel in order to achieve a consistent effect.
If you wish to have multiple units customized in different ways on the same sim, this can be done easily by setting one of your units to have a different channel to your first unit. To do this you will need to set the channel number for each additional unit.
To do this simply amend the description field of one the units as follows:
- Right click and select edit on one of the units.
In the general tab of the edit dialogue box locate the description field this will already have text in there like this:
Channel : 0
Set the new channel by editing this text so for example
Channel : 3would set the channel to be 3.
- If you are using Firestorm viewer go to the Content tab of the edit dialogue box and click the "Reset Scripts" button. If you are using the Second Life Viewer, you will need to go to the client tool bar (at the top of your screen) and click Build --> Scripts and then select "Reset Scripts". Any other viewer, you may need to refer to the viewers knowledge-base.
- On clicking Reset Scripts a dialogue box may pop up if you have never done this before asking you whether you wish to modify scripts in selected object - Just click yes - if no box asking that pops up, then the Reset Progress box will only appear and start going through each script in the unit and set them to running as in this example:
- When the dialogue box states done, press close.
- The unit that you changed will run through its setup.
You can now go to your main Control Channel page and in the Channel Selection panel select the new channel you set to now control the unit on that channel.
Do the above for any units that you wish to have on any other channel. You have in total 20 channels that you can use if you so wish.
If you edit your build and go to the contents tab, you will notice the Settings notecard which you dragged in earlier.
Here you can stipulate the colours that the product uses and also the frequency that the colours change. If your venue has a certain colour scheme, then you can add those colours here, removing any others that you do not require.
You also have additional settings that you can adjust for the product. Details of what the settings are and do are written in the Notes section of the notecard also.
Please take into consideration neighbouring parcels when adjusting any of the settings that change the way the product produces either light or size of particles.
When any changes are made to the notecard, press save and wait for the confirmation:
Your Object Name:
Loading Settings from notecard
Your Object Name: num colour values loaded..
Once you have received the confirmation, turn off your product to enable the product to take these settings then switch back on.
Access for this product can only be controlled via the iControl Professional. For details on how to set access for this product please see the instructions for the TIS iControl Professional.
Current version of the is v. Release date of the current version is .
To check the version of this product you are running please follow these steps:
- On the iControl, click the icon at the bottom for the , on the page press the configuration button in the top right hand corner
- In the dialog box that drops down the version number for the product you have can be found here where it states "Your Version: Version". Version is the version number of your current product.
If you are running an out of date version, please obtain a redelivery of the product package from our redelivery board in our store, Click here to go there!
Listed here are the most common FAQ's for this product. Before contacting support, make sure your query is not answered here.
- New Feature - Allowing the "off" of the object to be customized via the normal edit dialog box.
- New Feature - Lit Transparency Setting - Allows the object to have a transparency
- Version 1.00 - 2022-09-23
- Initial Release